Zichydorf Tour 2006

This is one person's account of a group tour from North America to Banat. Thirteen tour members will fly to Frankfurt, then tour by bus to the Banat area of Eastern Europe which lies in today's Romania and Serbia. The prime destination is the ancestral village of Zichydorf, known toady as Plandiste, Serbia. Zichydorf was originally a German town in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, but is today a Serbian town within Serbia.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Introductions

My first entry was to introduce the group leaving Regina. It was my intention to follow up immediately by introducing the rest of the group. Here it is a week later and I still haven’t done it. When I think of taking the needed picture, circumstances aren’t right. And when circumstances would allow, I forget to take the picture. Finally, I got a couple. Clockwise from front left are Jim Griffin, Daryle Niedermayer, Carol Cincotta, Marge Louis, and Bev Fritz.



And here is Sue Kujala (pronounced KWEE la).



I thought I had Baz Fritz in the group shot above, but I guess not. I will catch him later.






And here is our bus outside St. Etienne Cathedral in Metz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home